Friday 11 September 2009

In Memory...

...I heard yesterday that an old teacher, mentor and friend had died after a fall. Although he had been suffering from Parkinsons Disease for several years and no longer knew what was around him, it's still a sad day and I feel like someone has turned a light out in the world. From Facebook conversations with people who knew him, there are going to be hundreds of us who feel the same way - he made going to school fun and he will live on in the hearts of all of us who were in his classes at Raglan Junior School.

I'll remember the ghost stories, singing 'Green and Yellow', the laughter and the inspirational teaching, the family holidays, the experimental winemaking (much later, of course!), the goldfish, the help and support he gave me over my PGCE course and the faith he had in me, the terrible jokes and the enthusiasm he always showed in the classroom. He was an amazing man and I miss him, my prayers are with his family. Rest in Peace, Mr D. Your grandchildren, children and wife have lost someone irreplaceable....as have we all.

The sooner we find a cure for this terrible disease the better - too many people are needlessly suffering.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kirsty,

that is so sad :-(

Rose XXX