Monday 28 September 2009

Autumn inspiration

Last night I finished a 'Harvest' bracelet which had been germinating on the beadmat for a few weeks as various bits arrived from Hong Kong and the US (hurray for Etsy suppliers) and I'm so pleased with the way its turned out. The idea for it came from some berry beads that I saw on Ebay and some lucite leaves that were already in my stash. The berries and leaves made me think of hedgerows, and when I found some gorgeous green glass apples and copper acorns on Etsy the whole thing came together. It's the most expensive piece I've ever made but I LOVE it. A lot. The finished piece is almost like a garland, and it feels great on - and it makes a lovely noise!

I built my outfit around it today and several people commented so it was worth it....what do you think? The second picture is a colour mix for an autumn necklace for a friend's mother, and the final one shows the mix on a chain with carnelian chips, which will eventually be strung on ribbon with fieldmice charms and gold findings.






2 comments:

Unknown said...

I just popped in from Victoria Rose.

I love your bracelet! My sister brought me one like that from Russia, it's a favorite.

B said...

Fantastic! They look like you could eat them! :)