Monday 11 July 2011

Wow, thank you!

It's my big girl's fifth birthday at the end of this week! I can't believe it myself, really, but there we are. I know I'm biased but she really is amazing (just like the other two, obviously) - utterly gorgeous, a talented little artist with a HUGE imagination, generous, loving, bright and happy. She also has a stubborn streak, and if she isn't the world's most co-ordinated child when it comes to dancing (or walking) well, I know where she gets that from and I apologise....

She is in many ways a typical five year old - she loves pink, fairies, princesses, Hello Kitty, Barbie (ugh) and imaginative play; she adores her dollhouse at her Granny and Grandpere's, and spends hours with her Sylvanian Family toys. She also loves climbing trees, making mudpies and helping her Daddy with his Hornby set and with DIY. Go figure!

So in honour of five year old girls everywhere (and to show some support for a new online venture, WowThankYou, which aims to promote designers from the UK) I've made a birthday wishlist of things I know she would love to have if we had the money or the space. I found them using the rather clever gift finder on the site. It's easy to use and there's a wide range of handmade products to choose from thanks to the way that sellers categorise their items when uploading.

So here we go... it's a random mix but I know Daisy would love these!



Fairy Cookies by Kathryn's Cakes


Handmade Tutu by Monkeys from Heaven - in pink, of course.




Flower Bangle by Glitterbugwishes





A Personalised Name Canvas by Handcrafted by Picto

Large Personalised Girl's Toybox by Presently Thinking Ltd



Handmade Mermaid Rag Doll by Kate Murray Soft Toys


Doll's House by Paperpod


Go Play on Platform Playhouse by the play company


And finally - for me - three of these lovely Personalised Big Hole Charm Beads by CeeGee Jewellery Design, to fit my birthday charm bracelet from my longsuffering other half.


 Now what can I find on WowThankYou for his birthday?

6 comments:

Tracey said...

THANK YOU ever so much for showcasing some of the wonderful things we've got on WowThankYou! I too have a little girl, who will be 5 in September - but in my case, she's still obsessed with dinosaurs. She's not a girly girl at all alas, though I'm working on it! Still, quite a few cool dino-related items to pick when her birthday does arrive! Tracey x

The undomesticated scientist said...

oh wow, those bee clips are amasing. i'm soooo tempted now as my tiny is 4 next week and she loves bees (she has a pretend friend bee too!!!)

CeeGee Jewellery Design said...

Fantastic selection - the playhouse with slide is amazing! Thanks so much for featuring my charm beads :)

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for choosing to show my bangle, lving the dollhouse i must say.
Wowthankyou is a treasure trove of gorgeousness and i love being part of it.
I hope your little girl has a very happy birthday.
hugs lisa xxx

Jan said...

A lovely selection, thank you for including my Name Canvas. I'm now following your lovely blog.

Happy birthday to your little treasure.

Jan x

LadybirdK said...

Thank you for all your lovely responses x