Sunday 25 October 2009

Batty? Possibly....

I mentioned last week that I'd had the weirdest request for a charm bracelet ever (or so I thought at the time...) and as it's now been gifted I can post a pic. Bats, shamrocks and a leprechaun makes for a strange combination but does look quite cute!

Again, I've spent the week making gemstone bangles for the Christmas Market, and also managed some Slinky bracelets in purple and silver - shame I'm supposed to sell them really....I've also listed them in my Etsy shop and my Folksy shop, along with some handmade polymer clay Ladybug earrings.

In other news, I read back through this blog(I've been at it for a year now!) and realised that one of the first posts I made was about a completed WIP - my daughter Tove, who was one on Thursday. She's now walking (just), saying a couple of nearly-words and eating everything in sight - I can't believe how time has flown. Here she is....and her big sister Daisy too. The clocks went back last night (hurray for the MIL reminding us yesterday!) and it's getting dark already, winter really is setting in. I love autumn and winter though, a perfect excuse for big casseroles (steak and Guinness, mmm) and jacket potatoes!

So, to bring back memories of summer I'm going to spend the evening making Flower Garden sets! Pretty pink and purple lucite flowers, pale green leaves and toho seed beads, all strung on a chain and suspended from ribbon. I wear my own one quite often and it never fails to get compliments.
Next weekend I'm off to a hotel with my best friend for a child free couple of days - luxury! I'm counting the hours...

No comments: