Tuesday 16 June 2009

New start!

I've finally started the Ruby Wedding sampler for my parents - have stashed Maggie in a box with a promise to come back to her soon. The design is a really simple one, based on the ring cushion I did for my sister's wedding a couple of years ago. I'm working it on 28 count evenweave in shades of red - using DMC's variegated cotton (shade 115) for the main part of it and then picking out two of the shades for the border. The love spoons are based on a pattern from a mag years and years ago and I'm just using the outline rather than stitching the insides.

As you can see, I've started the lettering in the top in green (DMC 520 for those who want to know) and about 3 o clock this morning I decided it was wrong and that I'd unpick it and use 115 all the way through. We'll see how it turns out. The anniversary is in early September so I'd better stop playing with beads for a while (though I did sell another two bracelets today, as well as making my first Etsy sale last Friday) and get on with some stitching!

No comments: