Monday 22 June 2009

Inspiration...

...often comes from the strangest place. This weekend I spent a day with my sister who wanted to be Wonderwoman from a very early age (I think she is already, of course, certainly she's Wonderauntie). A conversation with her led me to a search for particular beads on ebay which I'll be turning into cuffs when they arrive. Everyone has days when they need a bit of wonder!

I'm currently looking forward to my birthday present from my other half, who has bought me a jewellery making course at Spoilt Rotten Beads. Check them out here, they have some gorgeous things http://www.spoiltrottenbeads.co.uk/

The Ruby Wedding sampler is coming along well - the lettering is done and I'm now working the ribbonwork border. I've also found some carved wooden lovespoon charms at Polstitches Designs which I hope I'll be able to work in somewhere. They can be bought here http://www.polstitchesdesigns.co.uk/lovespoons.htm along with beautiful hand-dyed fabrics and threads.
Some new finishes to show as well! The Ladybug bracelet has been popular, I keep trying to make one for myself but then end up selling them. I've made two of the Rainbow Fluorite cuffs as well - I love using memory wire as the finished bangles look so effective. By far the most popular piece, though, has been the Mother's Love bracelets - I think I've made about 8 so far and I keep running out of the letter I so I might need to start buying in bulk! The final two pictures are the She Sells Sea Shells bracelet, made of Tibetan silver and dyed pink shell coins, and a Raspberries and Cream set made with matt glass beads that I fell in love with.



No comments: