Wednesday 8 October 2008

Let me please introduce myself....

....not a man of wealth and fame, but a 30-something mum of one and a half looking for a way to share my stitching bug with others.



I've been cross stitching for 14 years now - I started by accident when I couldn't find a Valentine card I liked enough to send to a boyfriend! I saw some on the front of a magazine, bought the stuff and that was it...kept the hobby, got rid of the bloke and think I got the better end of the deal! I like Flower Fairies, cats (especially Margaret Sherry) and things that catch my eye. My stash is hidden under the bed (hey, it's supporting the bed!) and latest additions are the new Bothy Threads kit 'Row of Ladybirds' and a couple of ready-to-stitch toys. I try and pick up Nimue kits when I'm in France, as well as some of the lovely Celtic ones you find out there.

New finishes are the Black Medick Fairies from DMC and a ready-to-stitch ladybird toy, a present for my older daughter from the impending arrival.

Ladybird & close up of bib!



No comments: