Saturday 29 October 2011

Boo!



It's Hallowe'en on Monday so I have a pumpkin-filled weekend ahead of me - this evening we're all off to a local conservation area - Swaines Green - to the annual Scream on the Green event, which promises a fortune teller, a House of Horrors, haunted portraits, and (my favourite) barbecue and tea and coffee. Thing 1 is very excited as we have a devil horn headband for her and glow-in-the-dark nail polish as a very special treat for not driving me mad during half term, and Thing 2 is very excited at her spider hairband. Thing 3 is terrified by a small inflatable skeleton so I'm hoping he sleeps through the whole thing.

Tomorrow is The Pumpkin Party at Parndon Wood Nature Reserve near Harlow, which you can find out more about here - I'll be behind my stall and hopefully sheltered by a gazebo! You can find me, my fabulous new pumpkin earrings and spooky charm bracelets, and a flask of hot Ribena in there somewhere.


The pumpkins at the top of this post will be decorating the stall before coming back home again...my first attempt at carving pumpkins and I'm quite pleased with myself as the ghostie was freehand (although the bat was a stencil). My sister is the Pumpkin Queen and carves the most fabulous designs - this year's pumpkin for the kids was a skeleton head - so I don't think I'll be stealing her crown, but what do you think?

No comments: