Tuesday 14 April 2009

Getting organised!

No more progress on Maggie but I have taken advantage of the long weekend to have a really good sort out of my stash of magazines and charts that I've been saving. I Freecycled* a HUGE pile of magazines and have been scanning all my loose charts into the computer, which has got rid of 5 huge files. The plan now is to scan anything I may want to do from future magazines as soon as I get them...let's see how long that lasts!

One plus of all this activity is that I've been really harsh with my stash of charts - scanning page by page is quite time consuming so I've forced myself to be realistic about what I'll actually do. I still have 6Gb of files though...

* anyone else having a clearout of stash may like to do the same! All crafty stuff seems to go within minutes, and mine was collected within the hour. Lots of charities also keep an eye on the Freecycle network so you could donate your unwanted stash to a worthy cause. See http://uk.freecycle.org/ for details of groups in your area.

No comments: