Friday 9 July 2010

Got me thinking...

The post below about my friend Rhiannon's '30 things to do before I'm 30' has got me thinking, which is never a good sign. My next milestone is - rather terrifyingly - 40, and I'm all too aware that there are an awful lot of things I haven't done with my life so far. Jobwise, I love what I do and I'm really pleased I'm doing something crafty as well, but what else have I missed?

For example, I have ALWAYS wanted to learn to tango. I'd also love to learn silversmithing - either with the actual metal, or these days with artclay (thus opening up copper and bronze as well....ooh!). I'd like a proper cooking lesson, to go in a helicopter, to learn Welsh and/or French, I want to finish (oh, OK, start) the cross stitch version of Seurat's 'Sunday Afternoon', to learn to make a dress...and wear it! I want to go back to West Wales and show my kids where I used to spend my summer holidays and where I went to college. Soooo many things.....

Better start that list now, and then I have 3 years to do it!

2 comments:

Rhiannon Looseley said...

Hee hee! Glad I got you thinking! Want to go on a 'make a dress' course together? The Make Lounge do a one evening summer dress one?

LadybirdK said...

Oooh yes, that sounds good - got any details?